We're pleased to announce c-lightning 0.7.2, named by @darosior.
Note: new dependency python3-mako required when building from source!
(Also: note git tag is v0.7.2.1, due to last-minute build and packaging fixes)
Highlights for Users
- Dynamic plugin support: add and remove without restarting lightningd.
- We now ignore
sync error which lnd sends if we're too slow, instead of freaking out and closing the channel.
close defaults change: now unilterally closes after 48 hours if peer unreachable/uncooperative.
- A few operations are restricted if we're not yet synced with the bitcoin network on startup.
contrib/bootstrap-node.sh script to help connect your new node to the network.
- Signet support: overzealously merged before bitcoind did, but now we're owning it.
- Bugfixes and more plugin hooks for plugin authors.
Highlights for the network
- We now notice if old channels (before this node existed) close, and won't spam them in gossip.
- We correctly ignore unknown odd-numbered messages, as per the specification.
- We space out reconnection on startup if there are more than 5 channels.
More details can be found in https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/blob/v0.7.2.1/CHANGELOG.md.
Thanks to everyone for their contributions and bug reports: please keep them coming!
Since 0.7.1 we've had 334 commits from 18 different authors, with 6 first-time contributors!
- Karl-Johan Alm
- Nicola Squartini
- Juraj Bednar
Rusty, Christian, ZmnSCPxj and Lisa.