Highlights for c-lightning users
- Less stuck payments: Liveness ping test before locking up funds with peers.
- Better routing: now considers size of channels.
- Fewer spurious closes: fee estimate improvements, and new feerates command
- Several annoying bugs fixed.
Highlights for the network
- Gossipd now less spammy with channel_update.
- option_data_loss_protect to protect peers against being out-of-date.
- Payment errors now refer to the correct channel.
- Simplified client flow; after init message exchange by connectd, each is isolated in its own daemon.
- JSON parameter handling vastly simplfied.
- Python testing framework now uses proper fixtures, and split into separate files.
- Many other cleanups and clarifications.
- We keepachangelog.com!
The details can be found in the CHANGELOG.