WalletWasabi version Wasabi: Beta Release 2 released.
Wasabi Wallet v0.8.0 - Beta Release
How To Update From Previous Version?
Step 1: Make sure you are using the latest Tor version.
cd into your WalletWasabi folder and type:
git pull git submodule update --init --recursive
What changed since last release?
- Upgraded to the next generation Tor Services, Version 3: http://wasabiukrxmkdgve5kynjztuovbg43uxcbcxn6y2okcrsg7gb6jdmbad.onion/swagger/
- Adjusted the fees to anonymity sets. Instead of a constant 0.3% fee per round, we now use 0.003% multiplied by the achieved anonymity set per round.
- This Beta Release is stable.
- We plan the 1.0 Release for October 31.
- In the Beta Release you must build Wasabi from source code. You will not have to do it from the 1.0 Release.
- OSX is not supported in the Beta Release. While Wasabi already works on OSX, we deemed our OSX GUI to be unstable, therefore not recommended. OSX users will be able to use a stable Wasabi from the 1.0 Release. You can follow our OSX stabilization work here: https://github.com/AvaloniaUI/Avalonia/pull/1789
- In the Beta Release a mixing round is triggered in every 24h or every time when 100 mixing participants reached. The difference of the 1.0 Release is that, a mixing round will be triggered in every 7 days.
- The mixing round denomination of the Beta Release will be 0.01 BTC at first and we will gradually increase it to 0.1 BTC until the 1.0 Release. At which point we will keep it there. We decided to do this based on your feedbacks.
- Read more about the software: Wasabi: Privacy Focused Bitcoin Wallet for Desktop
- Get familiar with the trustless ZeroLink protocol, that Wasabi implements: https://github.com/nopara73/ZeroLink/
- To get familiar with the history of Wasabi, watch nopara73’s presentation on the Building on Bitcoin conference.
- If you get stuck during this guide, please check out a this demo video.